In this new wave of Web 3.0, where start-ups and DAOs (Decentralized Autonomous Organizations) grow exponentially and outperform traditional companies in market valuation, it is a fact that the traditional leadership style, inherited from a pre-digital world, no longer works.
The elements that the Metaverse brings to business (remote work, collaboration, high data granularity, decentralization, among others) call for a new style of leadership based on 6 new skills, following a model developed by Andrea Iorio:
- Metacognition (high clarity of vision and macro-trend technologies of the future)
- Beginner’s Mind (ability to constantly rethink your beliefs in the face of external change)
- Antifragility (acting like a scientist: testing hypotheses and learning from mistakes)
- Adaptability (neither generalist, nor specialist: but specialized generalist)
- Collaboration (engage teams with a high degree of autonomy and decentralization in decision making);
- Analytical culture (ability to work with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to extract insights from an infinite volume of data).